Help the HHS in the quest for a State Reptile.
Go Paperless, please!
Herps in Art
T-shirts on sale now!
Books for Sale!
Priced below Retail
Please email the Secretary
to reserve your copies and pick them up at the Monthly Meeting
Treatment of venomous snake bite
- July 16 – HHS meeting
Guest Speaker:Carolyn Swagerle
Topic: "The Legacy of Annie Rose Tarantula"
- August 2 – HHS Canoe Trip, Blues Canoes in Edinburg, IN
- August 31 - Midwest Reptile Show, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Southwest Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis.
$5.00 admission, reptiles, amphibians, books, cages, feeder animals
and other supplies. Sell your herps and dry goods free of charge at
our H.H.S. information booth (HHS members only)
For info: (317) 861-550 or visit
Other dates: October 19
- September 13 – HHS live animal exhibit for the Handi-Capable
Camp at Bradford Woods, Martinsville, IN
- October 17-19 - Midwest Herpetological Symposium, Indianapolis, IN
Hosted by the HHS - Stay tuned, more info will be available soon
- November 1 – HHS live animal exhibit at Garfield Park
Volunteers needed for this event. Please contact Jim Horton for more information
The Hoosier Herpetological Society is a non-profit organization
dedicated to the education of its membership and the conservation
of all reptiles and amphibians.
Membership is open to all interested individuals.
In the News
How Titanoboa, the 40-Foot-Long Snake, Was Found